6Pack Walkies covers Brighton, Patcham, Hollingbury, Kemptown, Woodingdean and Ovingdean areas.
Why walk with 6Pack Walkies?
The Dog Walking Industry in the UK is presently unregulated meaning any dog walker/carer worth their salt, who cares about animal welfare will register with a Council run Professional Dog Walker Registration Scheme to provide assurance to clients their dogs will have the best possible care. Any application is Inspected by council employed animal wardens before being accepted. 6Pack Walkies is registered with Brighton and Hove Council.
Brighton Dog Walking
6Pack Walkies Council registration can be viewed on Brighton and Hove City Council Animal Welfare web pages and entails:
- Registering with Brighton and Hove City Council – Professional Dog Walkers Scheme. Van inspection and accreditation.
- Requirement of Business Vehicle Insurance cover for carrying clients dogs.
- Requirement of Public Liability Insurance cover.
- Transport cage verification – separate transport spaces for dogs.
- Maximum of 8 dogs walked at any one time.
- Provision of first aid kit and first aid knowledge for canine care.
- Appropriate provision of drinking/ washing water, equipment for walking, bedding if required.
- Provision of identification tags for walking business with contact details for each dog.
- Clear identification of the business in advertising/van signage.
How it works
- Provide new clients with an initial meet and greet at clients home then 1 free trial walk
- Registration forms requiring client/dog details plus terms and conditions are provided before any dog is taken for paid walks
- Monthly invoices are given to clients or weekly payment if preferred
- Small tempting treats are used for rewarding the dogs during walks – best quality
- I also hold a CRB check, important being a key holder (insured) for clients and first aid course certification
- Twice daily 1 Hour walks available Mon – Friday at £12 per walk
Pick up and drop off to home before and after each walk.
- One Saturday morning walk available as above.
- I cover Brighton and East Hove areas
Walk times are twice a day mid-morning and late lunch with estimated drop-off and pick up times given but flexible to allow for traffic etc.
More is covered in the 6Pack Walkies T&C form for clients.
Previously a BA Documentary Photographer working in the Arts I took to Dog Walking over a Decade ago working for other Dog walkers in and around Brighton.
Experiencing a range of Dog Walking Business’s, starting with the worst/unregistered in the industry to the very best Ethical registered practices I decided to work for myself a few years back focusing on small group walks out of Brighton. I still Work with one of the best Dog Walkers in Brighton on a regular basis to whom I owe much gratitude.
The first step was to register with Brighton and Hove Council Professional Dog Walkers scheme where Animal Welfare is the primary focus.
Very much a Lifestyle choice for me rather than a profit driven enterprise, walking smaller groups is a safer and more enjoyable endeavour I have found.
Being an avid Walker in the past ( undertaking three separate 700mile solo coastal walks in the UK and 5,000km Australian cycle route),
I still thoroughly enjoy daily walking with the dogs in my care. Having my own 12 year old Collie from a pup who is a wonderful companion has blessed my life and taught me much. I love to vary my walks daily, good for myself and clients dogs keeping them interested and refreshed, going to differing locations during the week. Much of our time is spent in the Woods, valleys and even coastline for the odd change.
Walking according to the ability of members of the pack, Walks are 1 hour long….occasionally longer or shorter depending on weather etc. If dogs have enjoyed a smelly fox poo roll or similar, a basic wash will be given before returning. On or off lead walking is done according to Recall ability – most I must say walk off lead in a small group.
Rescue dogs welcome
We use a customised Citroën Dispatch van with separate areas for each dog meaning no dogs (unless they’re housed together), will be sharing a space. Each area has its own water supply and has separate access.
Safety of the Dogs in my care is of Paramount importance and attention to COVID precautions are given.
Separate area and access
Get in touch
If you have any questions about Brighton dog walking, would like to book an initial meet and greet or would like to book your dog on a walk, please get in touch:
Brighton dog walking Owner Reviews
“Alex has walked my Minature Schnauzer Millie for some years now. She is extremely reliable & very caring towards the dogs. In fact, they all love her. I highly recommend her.”
“I’ve known Alex for a few years now and watching my dogs go with her happily is a heartwarming sight! She is lovely, caring and professional. I trust her her implicitly and so do my dogs. Can’t ask for better!”
“My dog Otto loves his walkies with Alex – she’s fab and super helpful. Highly recommend ? ”
“Alex is amazing, and she has really enhanced the quality of Shadow’s life. He has learned so much through Alex and the other dogs in the group, and he really looks forward to his dog walks every week!”
“Alex is a wonderful person and is so reliable. Our greyhound absolutely loves her, and looks forward to going on his walks with her. I totally recommend using her dog walking services, she is fantastic!”
“Alex from 6 pack walkies has been walking our dog Aggie for a while now great personal service Aggie loves seeing her l know l can trust Alex to look after Aggie l was so lucky to have found Alex so happy.”
“We have known Alex for 2 years now when she started walking Harley for us. Harley is a rescue dog and is not the easiest dog to get to know and manage but Alex was brilliant with him from the start.
She is now part of his family, he loves her and the dog walks, he always returns home completely worn out and ready to sleep for the rest of the day. I can not recommend Alex highly enough, I don’t know what we would do without her.”
“Alex and Claire have walked my dog for 10 years. They are always willing to take her at short notice if I need them. I trust them completely with looking after Eva. As she is getting old, she now goes for walks with an elderly pack which is perfect for her. I cannot recommend them enough.”